Wednesday, June 8, 2016

President Ninoy Aquino Handang Mamatay Para sa Demokrasya


President Aquino yesterday declared he is ready to defend the country’s democracy even at the cost of his life in the wake of a strong possibility that martial law will return under a Duterte-Marcos leadership. Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte and Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. are currently leading the presidential and vice-presidential surveys, respectively.

The President stressed his readiness to sacrifice his life for democracy one day after revealing plots by the militant Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) to assassinate him, and kidnap his sister Kris and boxing champion Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao.

The President, in an administration campaign rally in Cebu province last Wednesday, has expressed resolve to fight any abuses in the next administration, after feeling uneasy with the survey surge of Duterte and Marcos.



Aquino has voiced opposition to the candidacies of Duterte and Marcos fearing their alleged dictatorial tendencies.
“If I see anyone who abuses power, I will take a stand against it but we’re not sure if I would still be here. Will they allow me to take action?,” Aquino said in his remarks in Filipino.

“I believe if they think I will oppose them, I may be the first to vanish?” he added.

Aquino, however, said he was not afraid to die after having fully served the country.  He admitted that his opponents may even take advantage of his minimal security detail when he steps down from office.

“Some people may already be plotting against me. If they succeed, that’s fine with me. I think I have contributed enough to improve the plight of our nation,” said Aquino who will end his six-year term on June 30.

The President visited Cebu last Wednesday to rally support for Liberal Party standard-bearer Mar Roxas and his running mate Leni Robredo in the final stretch of the campaign season.He did not mention the names of Duterte and Marcos in his latest campaign speech but alluded to the frontrunners in the presidential and vice presidential surveys.

Source: MB

No comments:

Post a Comment